The "Bob" in Bob Goldfarb Custom Clothing
Raised in The Bronx, NY, Bob began his affinity for dressing well at an early age. As a child, he would spend many Saturdays at a higher-end men’s clothing store, owned by his dad’s friend, watching and learning about style and fit. With his appreciation of clothing, Bob’s first job in clothing was working for Sym’s clothing store where he learned to appreciate the two most important things about clothing: fit and fabric.
As Sy Syms said, “An educated consumer is our best customer!”
Bob didn’t pursue a career in clothing, opting instead in 1978 to have a career in executive recruiting, focusing on the highest levels of Silicon Valley technology, starting his own recruiting firm in 1982. With a continuing passion for clothing, and interacting with C-Level executives, Bob always “dressed for success,” wearing the finest suiting, shirts and shoes. In early 2004, due to a collapse of the technology industry, Bob closed his practice.
An educated consumer is our best customer!
— Sy Syms of Syms Clothing Store in The Bronx, NY, and Bob Goldfarb's first boss & mentor.
With a free spirit and desire to do something he was passionate about, starting in 2004, Bob worked for Nordstrom in sales and then Men’s Department Manager in Miami and Palm Beach, and then Bloomingdales in the same role, later working in the shoe business.
In 2014, Bob’s entrepreneurial spirit got hold of him and he started Bob Goldfarb Custom Clothing. Bob is a certified clothier/fitter.
Awards, Accolades & Community Involvement
Bob is strongly committed to his community with membership in many chamber, business and civic organizations. He has a strong desire to give back and volunteers for multiple nonprofit organizations. Bob and his custom clothing business are award-winning, and his involvement in the community, he says, "sometimes takes as much or more time and energy than maintaining my business."
- 2021, 2022 & 2023 Voted three times by Readers of the Palm Beach Post as Best of the Best Men's Clothier in Palm Beach County
- 2019 Chamber of the Palm Beaches Small Business of the Year Award
- 2021 President’s Award by the Executives Association of the Palm Beaches
- 2017/18 Palm Beach North Chamber's Ambassador of the Year Award
- 2020 Volunteer of the Year for nonprofit organization Place of Hope
- 2006 All-Star Recognition by Nordstrom
- Palm Beach North Chamber
- Chamber of the Palm Beaches
- Palm Beach Chamber
- Forum Club of Palm Beach
- Business Development Board of Palm Beach
- Executives Association of the Palm Beaches
- Leadership Palm Beach County
- PGA Corridor Association
- Leadership Business Council
- Red Meat Lover’s Club
BOARDS & ADVISORY
- 2023 President of the Executives Association of the Palm Beaches
- Palm Beach North Chamber Foundation
- West Palm Beach Police Athletic League
- Place of Hope Advisory Council
- Place of Hope
- Hanley Foundation
- West Palm Beach Police Athletic Association
- Jewish Federation Business & Professionals Cabinet
- American Cancer Society
- Real Men Wear Pink Campaign